Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] IBM P-series + Linux + NetBackup = ???

2005-11-02 14:01:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] IBM P-series + Linux + NetBackup = ???
From: farrar AT parc DOT com (Keith Farrar)
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:01:15 PST
Well... we canceled plans this spring for a pair of IBM pSeries machines
running SLES 9 for lack of NetBackup support in that combination (as I told
Michael Adams, Symantec manager for NetBackup Product Marketing, at the
Symantec booth at Linux World San Francisco).

Symantec didn't lose a sale (we were unwilling to change backup platforms),
but we bought a pair of IBM Xeon xSeries boxes (with SLES 9). We probably
won't buy ANY pSeries servers until there is support for NetBackup on that
platform.