Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] renaming master server...

2005-10-27 14:54:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] renaming master server...
From: dcarlisle AT paychex DOT com (Carlisle, D Renee)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:54:39 -0400
When we upgraded everything on our master server, including hardware, os,
foundation suite and NBU, we built a new environment with a temporary name,
migrated over and tried to change to the original master server name.  In
effect, changing the master server name with NBU on the box.  We worked with
Veritas for awhile, even though it was technically unsupported.  They were
gracious enough to really spend time with us trying to get it to work and it
never did.  We ended up having to completely uninstall and reinstall NBU to get
the name set up correctly.  Unless you want to completely reinstall...don't
change the name. It really is embedded far too deep to ever remove.

Reneé Carlisle
Sr. Systems Administrator
675 Basket Road
Webster, NY 14580