Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] system settings and tuning

2005-10-26 07:42:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] system settings and tuning
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:42:58 +0100
I have used the settings described here previously:-

And solaris tuning settings in /etc/system from a performance tuning
guide but they all seem to be a bit dated and i was wondering had anyone
any more up to date info for performance increasing?

I have just set up a Solaris 9 netbackup 5.0MP5 with an L25 and two LTO2
drives.  Im only getting 5meg/sec on a backup test but have done no tuning.

With servers getting better ( this is a v240 ) i was wondering were
there hight /etc/system settings and other tuning parameters for NBU

Any help would be great

Cheers