Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] PAtches confusion

2005-10-21 05:53:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] PAtches confusion
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:53:40 +0100
Hi, Im getting a bit confused with patches and updates for netbackup.

I am installing nbu 5 on solaris 9 for the server/media manager element.
I have downloaded the Solaris CLT and Server patches to mp5 (
NB_50_5_M_276288.solaris.tar, NB_CLT_50_5_M_276291.tar ).

Now some of the remote clients will be linux and some windows.

For windows i will install from the CD's ( or push the PC_Clnt dir over
in a zip file and install remotely ) and then apply patch
NB_50_5_M_276290.winnt.intel.exe

For the linux clients i am a bit stuck. All i can find on the site for
linux mp5 is this :- NB_50_5S1320_M_279633.LINUX.TAR which looks to be
for a linux server.

Questions :-

Do i have to install the windows client from cd before the patch or does
the patch exe have everything and can be used instead?

Is linux client patches included in the CLT patch for solaris and i just
apply it on the server and then push the client stuff out as normal?

Thanks <http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/279633.htm>