Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expert advice

2005-10-20 16:46:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expert advice
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:46:34 -0500
--=_alternative 00722028862570A0_=

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 10/20/2005 03:19:33 PM:

> To optimize for restores, though, I'd do all my backups to disk or at
> least disk staging.

Disk staging is awesome if you have space.

> Use FlashBackup if you can since your restores will be significantly
> faster - we see at least double the throughput with FlashBackups than
> walking the file system if you have lots of small files.

I'll have to give flashbackup a try on 6.0

Karl
--=_alternative 00722028862570A0_=

10/20/2005
03:19:33 PM:<br>
&gt; To optimize for restores, though, I'd do all my backups to disk or
at<br>
&gt; least disk staging. &nbsp;<br>
</tt></font>
&gt; Use FlashBackup if you can since your restores will be significantly<br>
&gt; faster - we see at least double the throughput with FlashBackups than<br>
&gt; walking the file system if you have lots of small files.<br>
</tt></font>
--=_alternative 00722028862570A0_=--