Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU Master Server - DR planning

2005-10-19 13:04:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU Master Server - DR planning
From: Eric.Ljungblad AT CopleyPress DOT com (Eric Ljungblad)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:04:18 -0700
I would suggest an alternate between disk path and tape media for the
catalog, and possibly rotating a new catalog tape out at least once a
week or more, like 30 days of catalog tape rotations and sending the
catalog tape/tapes off-site per desired retentions for DR.

Bprecover from disk is very fast. Installing a fresh copy of VERITAS is
quick and you only need the master server license key to get it up and
ready for the bprecovery, the var contains the additional license keys
and is easily recovered. A full bprecovery will recover all vital
settings.

Ghosting the master server is a good tool to use to recover the entire
Server.

Eric