Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vaulting / duplication across network

2005-10-18 15:54:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting / duplication across network
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:54:37 -0500
Mark-

I have seen the -alreadhost work when duplicating disk images - the
only requirement is that the path to the disk image files needs
to be identical on the alternate read host.

The original poster's question about duplication across the network
is describing a fairly common configuration.  This works just fine,
within the performance limitations of your network.

Kate's suggestion ("use alternate read host to allow a single host
to handle both the reading and the writing") is DEFINITELY the better
performing option.

But using the altreadhost option relies on the fact that the
original-writing host and the duplicate-writing host both have
access to the source tapes.  (i.e. both hosts access tape drives
in the same library)  I am not sure that this is Aleksandr's
situation, since he talks about a local and remote library.

HTH
rob