Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog backup question

2005-10-05 17:15:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backup question
From: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com (King, Cheryl)
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:15:20 -0600
I'm with Wayne on this one.  I haven't seen an easy way to do it.  Every
method of backing up the catalog and sending offsite is too manual.

I think backing up the catalog to disk and then letting the regular
server backup put it to tape works.  If you lost everything, you'd
rebuild your Master server at an alternate location.  Have the offsite
vendor bring back the latest tapes, import them and restore the /catalog
directory.  Then recover the catalog.

If you didn't loose everything, you recover the catalog from the disk.

What am I missing?