Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux as a master/media server

2005-10-05 10:15:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux as a master/media server
From: dlogcher AT MIT DOT EDU (Dan Logcher)
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:15:14 -0400
Charles Ballowe wrote:

>Is ACSLS running on your master/media server - Last I looked it only
>supported Solaris and maybe AIX - that might be a killer for using
>ACSLS on linux. Are you sharing your robot with others? Is there any
>reason to use ACSLS? TLD control works just fine for those robots and
>is far less expensive to implement than ACSLS.

Yes, some robots only use ACSLS for communication.  We have the L5500
and it will
only talk ACS, no TLD.  The L5500 can handle serial and IP connection,
but ACSLS is
used for both.  So we are stuck having a SUN server for that.  Not a big
deal though,
as we are sharing the robot with other backup services, and it makes it
a bit easier.

--
Dan