Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbkar.exe hanging - "The binding handle is invalid"

2005-09-30 15:39:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbkar.exe hanging - "The binding handle is invalid"
From: SA AT avivausa DOT com (Anthony Guzzi)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:39:34 -0700 (PDT)
The Windows folks here have the 'pskill' utility along with a fair number of
other utilities, but none of them seemed to work.  And just double (triple?
quadruple?) check that I have the story right, I asked the Windows admins again
how they clear this and they said they *always* have to power cycle the box;
the OS will not shutdown when the 'bpbkar.exe' process hangs, thus hanging the
OS shutdown and requiring the power cycle of the box.

http://mail.yahoo.com