Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Excessive and random 42 errors

2005-09-30 05:22:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Excessive and random 42 errors
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:22:16 +0200
Hi Patrick

Have you played with CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT and CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT ?

Be aware of that some of the API's takes these values from the media server
and not the client

Regards
Michael

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:49:23 +0100, Patrick Whelan wrote
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Please read the disclaimer at the bottom of this e-mail.
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>

> All,
>
> Has anyone seen excessive and random 42 errors? We go days/weeks with no
errors, then for a day or two we get 42 errors. The "interesting" thing is
that it almost always only happens on one stream of a multistream backup. It
happens with AIX, True64, Solaris, VMS and Windoze clients. It might happen
with others, but that's all we have. :)
> We have monitored the network with the results indicating 10-15%
utilization with peaks of 20%. We (and VERITAS/Symantec) have been beating
our heads against the wall for a few months with no results. Any suggestions
would be appreciated. TIA.

> Regards,
>
> PS
>
> It always happens with individual mailbox backups. The other day we backed
up the mailboxes specifying [a-z]* and X and Q worked, all others failed.

> TIAA
>

> Patrick Whelan
> Enterprise Systems Support (NetBackup)
> LCHClearnet
> +44 020 7426 7624
> Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither
liberty nor safety.
> ~Benjamin Franklin
>

> ? and by that time no one was left to speak up.
> ~Martin Niemöller

> This email is intended for the named recipient(s) only. Its contents
> are confidential and may only be retained by the named recipient(s)
> and may only be copied or disclosed with the consent of
> LCH.Clearnet Limited. If you are not an intended recipient please
> delete this e-mail and notify postmaster AT lchclearnet DOT com.
>
> The contents of this email are subject to contract in all cases,
> and LCH.Clearnet Limited makes no contractual commitment save where
> confirmed by hard copy. LCH.Clearnet Limited accepts no liability,
> including liability for negligence, in respect of any statement in
> this email.
>
> LCH.Clearnet Limited, Registered Office: Aldgate House,
> 33 Aldgate High Street, London EC3N 1EA. Recognised as a Clearing
> House under the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000. Reg in England
No.25932

Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)