Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Permission change after restore

2005-09-28 10:07:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Permission change after restore
From: lraghunath AT lucent DOT com (L, Raghunath (Raghunath))
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:37:39 +0530
All,
        We are using Veritas Netbackup Version 4.5 MP6. The master/media
server and all the clients are on Solaris sparc platforms. We are taking
snapshort(fssnap) of our ClearCase VOB file system and taking the backup.

        The problem is while restoring the files/folders permissions are
gating changed recursively.
Example:
Directory permissions before taking backup.
drwxr-xr-x    8 root     other         512 Aug  5 12:01 ipcore_tools.vbs

Directory permissions after restoring from backup.
drwxr-sr-x    8 root     other         512 Jul  1 09:01 ipcore_tools.vbs

Setgid bit is getting set recursively from the top level directory .

The command what we use for creating a snap short dev:

/usr/sbin/fssnap -F ufs -o backing-store=<source FS>,unlink <Destination FS>
        There is no problem with the permission after making snapshort
(using above command).

        Have any one of you got this kind of problem or know the solution.
        I will summarize.

--
Sincerely,
Raghu