Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk restore

2005-09-16 14:04:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk restore
From: BZERMENO AT intersil DOT com (Zermeno, Brandon (Contractor))
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:04:43 -0400
Here is an interesting issue that I just had. I did a backup to a DSU
then I copied the file to a separate master server. I also copied the
necessary files from the images directory. But to restore the data from
the disk image to an alt server I had to modify the path and master
server name in the UBAK file. After that the restore worked fine. I
figured that I would not be able to restore a disk image from different
master servers. Both NBU servers are 5.1mp3a on Windows.