Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scalability : More than 60 media servers per master?

2005-09-15 15:43:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scalability : More than 60 media servers per master?
From: michthom AT gmail DOT com (Mike Thomson)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:43:21 +0100
Hi Dean

We have 70-odd drives today and more on order, distributed between the
two L5500s.

We have pooled the drives e.g. one group of six servers sees one set
of 16 drives, another set of servers sees another set and so on. In
fact at the moment it's more restrictive than that, but we're seeing
drive exhaustion, so will be presenting all drives to all servers (per
group) shortly.

In this way we hoped to minimise SSO chatter while still having
flexibility and reducing drive contention.

Have you used other methods and what were your experiences?

Mike