Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] weird ports

2005-09-07 05:34:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] weird ports
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:34:33 +0100
Netbackup 5.0mp2 running on solaris 9.

I am backing up some windows 2000 clients over the network as normal to
my solaris netbackup server.

I have configured things to use vnetd so as far as im aware things
should be tunneled through port 13724. However IDS are seeing requests
to the backup server from some windows clients on port 514 which is an
rsh port ( may be co-incidence ). Obviously windows should not be
talking on rsh and rsh is disabled on the solaris server.

Has any one seen anything like this before with netbackup communications?

Cheers
Dave