Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Data Domain Appliances -- Anyone using these devices

2005-09-06 18:43:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Data Domain Appliances -- Anyone using these devices
From: Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com (Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 15:43:52 -0700
--=_alternative 007CDDDF88257074_=

All,

We are looking into purchasing a couple of Data Domain DD4XX series disk
to disk backup and replication appliances.  We have a few sites that we
are looking at backing up to disk and replicating back here to our
corporate office.  Basically 2 - 3 sites back to corporate, then to tape
from there.  We had there sales guys out here a couple of weeks ago and it
looked pretty good, but I want to pose this question to the user
community.

Are there any issues with NBU, or with the replication portion of the
appliance, replication is huge for us, as we want to eliminate tape at the
remote sites.

The particulars of our NBU environment, Win2k3, NBU 5.1 MP3A

TIA for the feedback

Steve Bally
Systems Engineer
RadiSys Corporation
www.radisys.com
steve.bally AT radisys DOT com
Desk: 503-615-1207
Cell: 503-970-6201

This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be
confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If
you are not a named recipient, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If
you have received this transmission (Email) in error, please notify me
immediately.
--=_alternative 007CDDDF88257074_=

of Data Domain DD4XX series disk to disk backup and replication appliances.
&nbsp;We have a few sites that we are looking at backing up to disk and
replicating back here to our corporate office. &nbsp;Basically 2 - 3 sites
back to corporate, then to tape from there. &nbsp;We had there sales guys
out here a couple of weeks ago and it looked pretty good, but I want to
pose this question to the user community.</font>
the replication portion of the appliance, replication is huge for us, as
we want to eliminate tape at the remote sites.</font>
Win2k3, NBU 5.1 MP3A</font>
Steve Bally<br>
Systems Engineer<br>
RadiSys Corporation<br>
www.radisys.com<br>
steve.bally AT radisys DOT com<br>
Desk: 503-615-1207 <br>
Cell: 503-970-6201<br>
This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended
to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If you are not a named recipient,
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission
or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission (Email)
in error, please notify me immediately.</font>
--=_alternative 007CDDDF88257074_=--