Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] File restoration and permissions/time issues

2005-08-29 18:15:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] File restoration and permissions/time issues
From: ralphspam AT gmail DOT com (Ralph Alvarez-Horine)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:15:26 -0700
------=_Part_41_7533692.1125353726189

Server:
Netbackup 5.0GA
Solaris 8
 Client1:Solaris5.6
Client2: Solaris9
 Hello,
 I'm trying to restore files from a Solaris 5.6 Client to a Solaris9 Client=
=20
w/ Netbackup. After restoration the files have the correct=20
permissions/time-date stamps, but the directories are not so consistent.
 The top level directories have the same time/date stamp as the restoration=
=20
instead of the original (i.e. if I restore them at 3pm, they have a 3pm=20
modification time) Several of the directories however have different owners=
=20
and one directory was missing a sticky bit that was present on the original=
.
 We created a RESTORE_ORIGINAL_ATIME file in /usr/openv/netbackup, but that=
=20
didnt' help either.
 This also happens if we do a TIR.
 Has anyone run into permissions/time-date stamp problems on directories=20
while restoring? Any advice would be appreciated.
 Thank you.
 -R

------=_Part_41_7533692.1125353726189

ient w/ Netbackup. After restoration the files have the correct permissions=
/time-date stamps, but the directories are not so consistent.</div>
tion instead of the original (i.e. if I restore them at 3pm, they have a 3p=
m modification time) Several of the directories however have different owne=
rs and one directory was missing a sticky bit that was present on the origi=
nal.
that didnt' help either.</div>
s while restoring? Any advice would be appreciated.</div>

------=_Part_41_7533692.1125353726189--