Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] drive cleaning frequency change not sticky

2005-08-26 09:39:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] drive cleaning frequency change not sticky
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:39:54 -0400
Weird problem of the day:  If I change my drive cleaning frequency in
the Admin Console (I believe it uses tpconfig under the covers), the
frequency reverts to the old value at the next change of media!
Workaround: If I use the tpclean command to make the change, the change
"sticks". (I'm lowering from 500 hours to 300 hours).

Environment: Solaris 9, NetBackup 5.1MP3, L700, LTO-1 drives, not
shared.  NetBackup thinks TapeAlert is on, but it has never worked (the
L700 does see when the drives have "cleaning needed").

Just thought this might lessen the "astonishment factor", if others see
the problem.

P.S. Maintenance packs have been coming out quarterly, but v5.1MP4 seems
several weeks late ... anyone know what's going on?

cheers, wayne