Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Best method to check when a box was successfully backed up?

2005-08-25 15:07:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Best method to check when a box was successfully backed up?
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:07:03 -0400
How about:

   bpimagelist -U -hoursago 99999 -client <clientname>|head -3|tail -1

That is, bpimagelist outputs images ("successful" backups) with most
recent first.  "head" takes 1st 3 lines of output and "tail" throws away
the 1st two (header) lines, leaving the most recent backup line, that
might look like this:

   08/24/2005 21:49  09/21/2005    13496   809836  N  Cumulative I
SomePolicy

Of course, that doesn't say all the files of interest were backed up,
nor is it of much usefulness if a client is covered by more than one
policy, or if files are excluded/selected according to schedule.

cheers, wayne