Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help! How to force an inventory update after loading tapes into a library? SOLVED!

2005-08-18 10:03:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help! How to force an inventory update after loading tapes into a library? SOLVED!
From: richard_hellier AT hotmail DOT com (Richard Hellier)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:03:37 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu [mailto:veritas-bu-
Re: [Veritas-bu] Help! How to force an inventory update after loading tapes
into a library?

Richard Hellier wrote:
> What I'd like to do is automate the step of updating the robot inventory.
> I'm sure I recall someone here mentioning a "magic filename" that you
create
> in the conf directory (?) whose presence signals to N/B that it should do
> the update itself.

I don't know about a "magic file," but we've worked around this by having a
cronjob that periodically runs vmupdate.

Thanks for the suggestion, Michael, but in the end I managed to find the
answer, namely to add the line:

AUTO_UPDATE_ROBOT = 999

to /usr/openv/volvmgr/bin/vm.conf and then re-start the M/M device daemon.
I guess 1 works as well as 999 but the above works and I saw no reason to
change it again!

Cheers,

Richard.