Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how to retrieve

2005-08-16 02:38:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how to retrieve
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:38:31 +0200
Hello Nanda

I think you need to use gnutar to read Netbackup tapes, see the SAG under
reading tape with tar. If there is a netbackup client on the DR-machine I
would use the tar there, do tar ++help to get the different options.

Regards
Michael

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:41:39 -0500, nanda wrote
> Hi All ?

> This is for one of my clients, He is using Solaris 9.0 and Veritas NBU 5.0
to backup his server. He is able to do that perfectly, and the data appends
to 2 tapes. He has two tapes from a full backup. For disaster recovery
purpose, he is trying to use solaris to untar the tape and read the data,
which he is able to do it on the first tape and he is not able to open up the
second tape at all. Suggestions on how to read the second tape will be much
appreciated.

Inc. | 847-914-0620 Extn 239 | www.tech- exchange.com

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)