Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing retention levels for full tapes.

2005-08-12 15:19:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing retention levels for full tapes.
From: thoke AT northpeak DOT org (Tim Hoke)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:19:08 -0500
Take a look at the following TechNote to see if that helps any:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/272687

If I recall correctly, the particular image will show the correct
(updated) retention.  However, the expiration date won't be made any
sooner for the tape itself.   THis prevents NBU from accidentally
removing the tape when there are still valid images associated with it.
  On the other hand, if all the images are removed before that
expiration date is hit, the tape will get cleaned up.

HTH
-Tim