Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Recover 4.5 FP7a catalog to a 5.1 MP3A Server (New hardware)

2005-08-12 13:50:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Recover 4.5 FP7a catalog to a 5.1 MP3A Server (New hardware)
From: bryer AT sfu DOT ca (Jeff Bryer)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:50:31 -0700
>I am upgrading hardware and would like to know if you can recover a 4.5
>FP7a catalog directly to a server that has a fresh install of 5.1 MP3a, or
>do I have to install 4.5 FP7a and then upgrade from there.
>
>The hostname is going to remain the same, and the install directories will
>be the same as well.
>
>This is going from a Windows 2000 SP4 box to a Windows 2003 box, same tape
>hardware, well for now, and then I am going to add a STK SL500.

My setup is somewhat different than yours.  I migrated from NBU 3.4 to NBU 5.1,
same hardware (SUN E450 although I did change the OS from Sol 2.6 to 9).  I
had a fresh install of 5.1 (on a new drive) and imported the 3.4 catalogue.
I had absolutely no problems doing this.  It was also a good test of our DR
procedures.

Because you're changing hardware you might have to watch for device names
changing
but that should be simple enough to redefine your robot.

--
Jeff Bryer                              bryer AT sfu DOT ca
Systems Administrator                   (604) 291-4935