Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] jnbSA failed to login using hostname

2005-08-09 20:07:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] jnbSA failed to login using hostname
From: ssloh AT singnet.com DOT sg (ssloh AT singnet.com DOT sg)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:07:33 +0800 (SGT)
Hi folks,

Using jnbSA to logon to netbackup java console. It failed to logon if I use
hostname but logon success if I use ip address.
NBU 5.1 MP2 Solaris 9 with SunCluster 3.1, Only one node attached to tape
loader which I use to logon locally

I have tried to modify /etc/hosts to include all the hostname and virtual
hostname; modify the bp.conf to include "SERVER" of
hostname and virtual hostname and fully qualified name. By using #vea & without
problem

Can ping and arp to hostname and ip address, so DNS is not a problem. Any other
idea ?

Thanks