Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RH Fedora Core 2

2005-08-02 22:33:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RH Fedora Core 2
From: kastus AT epocrates DOT com (Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 19:33:05 -0700
On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 07:49:43PM -0500, Williams, Kristopher L wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I know I've seen this on here before, but I couldn't find the thread in
> the archives.
>
> I have a Red Hat Fedora Core 2 system that I need to backup. Can someone
> help out a Linux/Unix Newbie on what I need to do? I'm aware that it's
> not supported, but I know it can be done with a few "tweaks".

You didn't mention which version of NetBackup you are using.
It works out of the box with v3.4 client. If you are using v4.5
client you need to append a line "env = LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5"
to all NetBackup related files in /etc/xinetd.d directory
or at least bpcd.

--
Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka
Unix System Administrator