Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Solaris 9 submirrors

2005-08-02 18:40:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Solaris 9 submirrors
From: sean_clarke AT softhome DOT net (Sean Clarke)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 23:40:12 +0100

-- SNIP

> Because HP doesn't understand Sun
> filesystems we must do a raw backup.

--SNIP

I don't understand this, we have an environment with a Solaris Master, a
mixture of Solaris and HP-UX media servers and backup Solaris, HP-UX,
Linux and Windows clients without having to resort to this. Surely the
Netbackup processes on the Client are the only things that really need
to understand it's filesystem. By the time you get to the Media/Master
server, surely you are just writing tar files?

Have I missed something?

Sean