Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Solaris 9 submirrors

2005-08-02 12:28:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Solaris 9 submirrors
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:28:39 -0400
Usually what I've done, is to split the mirror, and then mount the split
plex on a new mount point, like /mnt/backup, then backup that path.

Unfortunately, during a restore, it means everything is relative to that
path.

ie.
/mnt/backup/etc
/mnt/backup/usr
/mnt/backup/var

etc......

The upside is that to restore a machine from scratch, you can add a new
disk to an existing machine...mount the new disk as /mnt/backup, do a
full restore "to original location", and you've got a restored
system.....bit of tweaking to make it bootable, etc.....

Paul