Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Solaris 9 submirrors

2005-08-02 12:12:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Solaris 9 submirrors
From: bhhorn AT creighton DOT edu (Brian Horn)
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:12:24 -0500
Master server is on an HP-UX machine. Running Netbackup Enterprise
edition 5.1

If I "offline" a  submirror in Solaris 9 (the client machine),  can I
peform a backup of the data on that submirror (in a usable fashion)?
Would I specify the Policy backup selection to be something like
/dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0     .?    Or should I use /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 ?
Or would it be something completely different?

 When it came time for a restore, would the usual mount points and files
be present? As in /www/somedata/gravely_important/accidentally_deleted