Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Flashbackup Windows 2000/Periodic 156s' - VSP

2005-07-19 17:35:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Flashbackup Windows 2000/Periodic 156s' - VSP
From: HallC AT SEC DOT GOV (Hall, Christian N.)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:35:40 -0400
All,

I have a windows 2000 system running 5.1 MP3 and many LUNS with millions of
small files which need to be backed up. I am using flashback up and VSP, I
have a dedicated cache area which consists of 600Gb of staging area. The
system are running on 2Gb of RAM and have about 16 LUNS at ~272GB a piece.
The flash policy works well for one week and then some fail the following
week. I have been doing trial and error with the VSP cache size and get
156s' here and there. Is there a rule of thumb that should be used for
min/max VSP cache sizes on windows 2000 as well as hard limits which should
not be imposed?

Thanks,
Chris