Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4.1 SQL Server agent & DSN

2005-07-15 07:53:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 3.4.1 SQL Server agent & DSN
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:53:20 +0200
Hello Simon

I think this technote have helped me to configure SQL backup under NBU3.4

Be aware that you proably need to recreate the DSN every time you patch
Windows or the SQL-server

Regards
Michael

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:11:22 +0100, LUCAS, Simon wrote
> We have an older version of NetBackup, v3.4.1 and use SQL Server agents to
backup several SQL Server installations, some of which are SQL Server v7 and
others v2000. I need to set up a Data Source Name for NetBackup to refer to,
but it is far from clear how to do this. Any ideas, please.
> Regards
> Simon Lucas
> EADS Astrium Ltd
> IM Server Support
> x5544

> If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.
> Please notify the sender by return email.
> The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of EADS
Astrium Limited.
> Nothing in this email shall bind EADS Astrium Limited in any contract or
obligation.

> EADS Astrium Limited, Registered in England and Wales No. 2449259
> Registered Office: Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2AS,
England

--
Cybercity Webhosting (http://www.cybercity.dk)