Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem with linux client/netbackup 4.5 MP6

2005-07-14 11:48:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem with linux client/netbackup 4.5 MP6
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:48:16 -0400
--=_alternative 0056D4178525703E_=

Tim,
We are running backups successfully on a RedHat 2.4 Linux system with
NetBackup-RedHat2.4 4.5FP_5 installed.
I agree that you will need to upgrade to FP6

=============================
Carl Stehman
PHI Services Company
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

Tim Hoke <thoke AT northpeak DOT org>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
07/13/2005 10:49 AM

"Duffy, Laura" <Laura.Duffy AT iibbank DOT ie>
cc
<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Problem with linux client/netbackup 4.5 MP6

You'll need to perform the upgrade to FP6.  (Or go to 5.x)
-Tim

On Jul 13, 2005, at 8:29 AM, Duffy, Laura wrote:

> We have locally installed a linux client with  NetBackup-RedHat2.4
> 4.5MP6 and are getting the following error when doing a telnet to the
> client on port 13782
>
> - Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno or h_errno directly
>
> Our master server is running on NBU 4.5 MP6 platform: HPUX 11i
>
> We have been told that Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon)
> is only supported with the 4.5 FP6 version of NBU, not 4.5 MP6.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this problem?
> Do we have to reinstall Netbackup Master Server with 4.5 FP6
> (apparently FP6 is a re-install).
> Anyone out there have any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> Laura.
>

>  ======================================================
>  This email and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
> privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this
> email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the addressee,
> any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other
> dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
> you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender
> immediately (you can send an email to emailadmin AT iibbank DOT ie) and then
> delete the email. Alternatively in emergencies you can telephone our
> email processing center at ++353 1 6646600. This center will only
> process calls relating to email delivery/non delivery.
>
>  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
> late or incomplete, or contain viruses.The sender therefore does not
> accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
> message, and shall have no liability for any loss or damage suffered
> by the user, which arise as a result of email transmission.If
> verification is required please request a hard copy version.

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is
proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright
belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI").  This Email is
intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed.  If
you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.  PHI
policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive
statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email
communication.  PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such
communications.

--=_alternative 0056D4178525703E_=

on a RedHat 2.4 Linux system with</font>
to FP6 </font>
Carl Stehman<br>
PHI Services Company<br>
202-331-6619<br>
Pager 301-765-2703<br>
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com</font>
DOT org&gt;</b>
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</font>
iibbank DOT ie&gt;</font>
edu&gt;</font>
client/netbackup 4.5 MP6</font></table>
go to 5.x)<br>
-Tim<br>
On Jul 13, 2005, at 8:29 AM, Duffy, Laura wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; We have locally installed a linux client with&nbsp; NetBackup-RedHat2.4
&gt; 4.5MP6 and are getting the following error when doing a telnet to
the <br>
&gt; client on port 13782<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno or h_errno directly<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Our master server is running on NBU 4.5 MP6 platform: HPUX 11i<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; We have been told that Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon)
&gt; is only supported with the 4.5 FP6 version of NBU, not 4.5 MP6.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Has anyone else experienced this problem?<br>
&gt; Do we have to reinstall Netbackup Master Server with 4.5 FP6 <br>
&gt; (apparently FP6 is a re-install).<br>
&gt; Anyone out there have any ideas?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Regards,<br>
&gt; Laura.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &nbsp;======================================================<br>
&gt; &nbsp;This email and any attached files are confidential and may be
legally <br>
&gt; privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this
&gt; email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the addressee,
&gt; any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other <br>
&gt; dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If <br>
&gt; you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender
&gt; immediately (you can send an email to emailadmin AT iibbank DOT ie) and
then
&gt; delete the email. Alternatively in emergencies you can telephone our
&gt; email processing center at ++353 1 6646600. This center will only
&gt; process calls relating to email delivery/non delivery.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &nbsp;Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error
free as <br>
&gt; information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
&gt; late or incomplete, or contain viruses.The sender therefore does not
&gt; accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
&gt; message, and shall have no liability for any loss or damage suffered
&gt; by the user, which arise as a result of email transmission.If <br>
&gt; verification is required please request a hard copy version.<br>
&gt; &nbsp;<br>
</tt></font>