Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrated master server -- missing media

2005-07-05 11:53:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrated master server -- missing media
From: kwolters AT medmarkinc DOT com (Keith Wolters)
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 11:53:24 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C58179.ADA32EF7

I have migrated my master server.  It is the sole 5.0 server and I moved
from a Sun 420R to a Sun V240 both of therm running Solaris 9.  I
accomplished the migration by installing Veritas on the new server and
then copying the /usr/openv directory from the old machine to the new
(on top of what I had just installed).  Things are mostly working but
one thing wrong is that my new server only seems to know about the media
in my robot -- it does not know about any of the other media.  If I
click on the Media tab in the GUI all I see are the eight tapes in the
robot.

I have another problem which I assume is related.  None of the tapes in
the robot are in the Weekly pool and when my Sunday backups (which are
supposed to use the Weekly pool) ran.  There were tapes in the scratch
pool, however, and was expecting it to take tapes from the scratch pool
and place them in the Weekly pool.  My weekly backups were working
previously -- this problem definitely started after the migration.

Can anyone recommend a course of action?

------_=_NextPart_001_01C58179.ADA32EF7

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7226.0">
<TITLE>Migrated master server -- missing media</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have migrated my master server.&nbsp; =
It is the sole 5.0 server and I moved from a Sun 420R to a Sun V240 both =
of therm running Solaris 9.&nbsp; I accomplished the migration by =
installing Veritas on the new server and then copying the /usr/openv =
directory from the old machine to the new (on top of what I had just =
installed).&nbsp; Things are mostly working but one thing wrong is that =
my new server only seems to know about the media in my robot -- it does =
not know about any of the other media.&nbsp; If I click on the Media tab =
in the GUI all I see are the eight tapes in the robot.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have another problem which I assume =
is related.&nbsp; None of the tapes in the robot are in the Weekly pool =
and when my Sunday backups (which are supposed to use the Weekly pool) =
ran.&nbsp; There were tapes in the scratch pool, however, and was =
expecting it to take tapes from the scratch pool and place them in the =
Weekly pool.&nbsp; My weekly backups were working previously -- this =
problem definitely started after the migration.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Can anyone recommend a course of =
action?</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>