Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup on Windows platofrm illiterate, could use some advice

2005-06-29 17:03:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup on Windows platofrm illiterate, could use some advice
From: Ian O'D" <goodbloke AT gmail DOT com (Ian O'D)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:03:14 +0200
Good to hear I'm not the only one. Same thing happened to me.

For email status of backups that don't  succeed you can edit a file
called <NB install directory>/Netbackup/bin/nbmail.cmd. You need a cmd
line smtp mail client for this. The comments in this command file
suggest to use a freeware thing called blat.exe. Instead I installed
ActivePerl and the Mail::Sender module. I then call my own email
script.

I kind of like perl on Wintel - it means any script I write on UNIX
can be fairly easily run on a wintel box too, I also have another
daily report script to scan bpdbjobs output and tell me if anything
hasn't run. I can send you a copy if you want, tho' it might not be
what you want. I run this each day from the Windows Scheduler.

Cheers,

Ian