Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1: bpclntcmd -is_local_host

2005-06-27 12:06:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1: bpclntcmd -is_local_host
From: jack.l.forester AT lmco DOT com (Jack L. Forester, Jr.)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:06:47 -0400
I'm in the process of perparing for upgrading from 4.5 to 5.1, so I've
been reading through the scripts that have to be run for cluster
configuration (not ready to unleash Veritas' scripts on my currently
functional master server cluster :) ).  The scripts use bpclntcmd with
the -is_local_host and a hostname parameter.

Would I be right in assuming that that is just a test to see if the
specified hostname is actually an alias for the server the command is
run on?  The 4.5 version of bpclntcmd doesn't have that option (at least
not at FP5) and it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

--
Jack L. Forester, Jr.
UNIX Systems Administrator, Stf