Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FROZEN tapes script

2005-06-22 08:59:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FROZEN tapes script
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:59:11 -0500
Dave and everyone, I don't mind, that's what scripts are for...

Also, the first time you run it, you may find several tapes that say
....HH1322, it is write protected and cannot be used for backups, or if
you come back from a Disaster Recovery test, usually I find a bunch
then, but at least the fix is easy.

I am trying to remember (I wrote the script a year ago), I think you can
get away with running it just on your master server and it will pick up
all of the frozen tape errors from other media servers most of the time,
my thoughts were to also check each media server in case there was a
media DB inconsistency between media servers. (I am tired of Veritas
promising there will be one central Database in version 6, instead of
three they have now, come on already...)

Taylor