Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] last image expiration date on a tape

2005-06-14 16:35:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] last image expiration date on a tape
From: prasad.vasireddy AT criticalpath DOT net" <prasad.vasireddy AT criticalpath DOT net (prasad.vasireddy AT criticalpath DOT net)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:35:45 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Rockey...

  Thanks for the response. I am using Veritas Netback 5.0 on solaris.

   We are using all the tapes to start from the scratch pool... It didnt
expired
the images on the tapes even though expiration date is few days past.

Thanks
Prasad

Two things here:

1st if the tape did not start in the scratch pool it may not
automatically return to scratch, but may rather return to the pool it
was created in.

2nd Media cleanup is done at midnight when bpsched runs, so a tape whose
images expired today may not be available until after midnight.

These actions have changed between NBU versions, and not knowing what
version you're using I cannot be more specific; however, I hope this
helps.

Thanks,

Rockey J. Reed