Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] database policy and several schedules...

2005-06-12 00:52:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] database policy and several schedules...
From: Charles Ballowe <cballowe AT gmail DOT com> (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:52:32 -0500
The trick with databases, in order to get the multiple retentions, is
to have (at least with Oracle + RMAN) RMAN send some values back to
netbackup to tell it which policy and schedule to use handle the
backup as. I think the values are NB_ORA_CLASS and NB_ORA_SCHED but I
could be off - I haven't had any need to do that in a while and the
scripts I had to implement it are at a previous job.

This is also needed if you have different databases on a host and
they're covered by different policies as the connect back to the host
will match the first policy that contains that host.

-Charlie