Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Could I Configure Netbackup Master Server to response with 2 diferent network address?

2005-06-09 09:24:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Could I Configure Netbackup Master Server to response with 2 diferent network address?
From: Gregory.Geyer AT Avnet DOT com (Geyer, Gregory)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 06:24:11 -0700
My master sits on 3 different subnets, and thus 3 different DNS names.  The two
non-primary subnets have manual routes set up on the master to get to that
network (otherwise it will respond on the default and it won't match the name
set up in the client).

Then every client on these non-primary subnets reference the other DNS names
for the master.  The bpcd/bprd logs and routing tables are the prime source of
troubleshooting to make sure all the names/routes are correct.

Greg