Veritas-bu

AW: [Veritas-bu] Determine client version remotely.

2005-06-06 12:57:13
Subject: AW: [Veritas-bu] Determine client version remotely.
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:57:13 -0400
You'd think.  Unfortunately, this area is a mess.  It varies from
version to version and operating system to operating system.

For example, one of my solaris machines nicely returns "VERSION:
NetBackup-Solaris9 5.1MP3", but one of my Windows machines (also at
v5.1MP3) returns "VERSION: 5.1". :-(

One might also expect "bpgetconfig -l -s <client>" to return MP info,
but it seems to return only 45000, 50000, or 51000.   :-(

Even on the client, it's not easy to get an accurate MP install level,
for the GUI splash and about are rarely updated, the "version" file is
only sometimes updated, and other methods differ by version and
operating system.

Maybe v6 will be better?

cheers, wayne