Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help needed : use not all drives for a spec. policies

2005-06-06 07:30:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help needed : use not all drives for a spec. policies
From: jpiszcz AT servervault DOT com (Piszcz, Justin)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 07:30:55 -0400
There are 5 places where you have to setup multiplexing.

My guess is you should first check the multiplexing settings on the storage
groups that you created for the drives you are using.

>From the NetBackup FAQ for this mailing list:

What's with all of these different "max jobs" settings?
The number of simultaneous active backup jobs that can run on a client is
regulated by five different NetBackup configuration parameters:
1. "max jobs per client" value, set globally 2. "max jobs per class" value, set
for each class 3. "max jobs" value, set for each client (*) 4. "max multiplex
per drive" value, set for each storage unit 5. "max multiplex per drive" value,
set for each backup schedule in a class
So when a backup job is being prepared for a particular client, the scheduler
checks to make sure that the new job won't challenge any of the limits above
and thus decides if the backup job can go active right away or if it has to
wait in the queue.

(*) this configuration option is barely documented so it's not well known. If
specified, it will override the global "max jobs per client" value. To specify
a client-level "max jobs" parameter:
bpclient -client $CLIENTNAME -add -max_jobs $MAXJOBS