Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] adv. reporter install problem

2005-06-01 11:18:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] adv. reporter install problem
From: Andy.Elmer AT udlp DOT com (Andy Elmer)
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:18:12 -0500

--=__PartC2E110A4.0__=

Hello, I was hoping someone on this list might be able to shed some light =
on why my installation of Advanced Reporter keeps failing.  I am running =
NB 5.1 MP2 on Solaris 8.  This is what I see in the trace install log =
after the install fails:
=20
<snip>
=20
<16>bpauthorize main: Function connect_to_remote_server(hostname) failed: =
140
user id was not superuser
=20
You do not have the proper authorization to perform
this task.  Please resolve and try again.
=20
Installation of <VRTSnbaro> was terminated due to user request.
No changes were made to the system.
=20
NetBackup Advanced Reporter installation failed.

</snip>
=20
I was logged into the console of the server as root.  Any ideas?  Thanks
=20
=20
Andy

--=__PartC2E110A4.0__=

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.3790.259" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV>Hello, I was hoping someone on this list might be able to shed some =
light on why my installation of Advanced Reporter keeps failing.&nbsp; I =
am running NB 5.1 MP2 on Solaris 8.&nbsp; This is what&nbsp;I see in the =
trace install log after the install fails:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&lt;snip&gt;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&lt;16&gt;bpauthorize main: Function connect_to_remote_server(hostname=
) failed: 140<BR>user id was not superuser<BR>&nbsp;<BR>You do not have =
the proper authorization to perform<BR>this task.&nbsp; Please resolve and =
try again.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Installation of &lt;VRTSnbaro&gt; was terminated =
due to user request.<BR>No changes were made to the system.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>Ne=
tBackup Advanced Reporter installation failed.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>&lt;/snip&gt;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I was logged into the console of the server as root.&nbsp; Any =
ideas?&nbsp; Thanks</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Andy</DIV></BODY></HTML>