Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 4.5 activity monitor

2005-05-31 11:11:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 4.5 activity monitor
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:11:30 -0500
On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 09:51:26AM -0400, veritas2-bu AT jasons DOT us wrote:

> When I look at the activity monitor I only see 2-3 days worth of jobs.
> How do I extend the list so that the jobs stay in there longer?

As others have said, you can extend this but you should be aware of the
performance penalty you will suffer when that list gets long. If you
have a large number of jobs, extending this an extra day or two might
not be too bad, but extending it to say a month would be totally
unrealistic.

For longer-term reporting, I'd suggest you look at one of the commercial
reporting tools.  My favorite, as I've posted before, is Aptare
StorageConsole.  I've got data going back to last summer when we
installed the product and can quickly and easily generate reports via a
web interface.

        .../Ed

Disclaimer:  I don't work for Aptare but I'm wearing an Aptare shirt today :-)

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org