Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Encryption Software

2005-05-26 14:15:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Encryption Software
From: bobbyrjw AT bellsouth DOT net (bobbyrjw AT bellsouth DOT net)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:15:37 -0400
I have a 3.4 client that has been running encrypted backups for a long time.
They finally upgraded the hardware and the OS and now are running NetBackup
4.5FP6.

Master is a Sun running 4.5FP6.

We called Veritas and asked for the media for NetBackup,DataCenter,56-bit
Encryption,v4.5.

We have a support contract for software support on the 4.5 version of the
encryption software and are entitled to the media.

Veritas sent me the completed media kit for 4.5FP6.  I waited for 2 weeks for
it but thought that I was getting the NetBackup,DataCenter,56-bit
Encryption,v4.5 media kit.

Customer Care says that the encryption software is on the 4.5FP6 DataCenter
Master media kit, but they don't know what the package name is.

I asked them why they sent me the DataCenter Master kit instead of the
NetBackup,DataCenter,56-bit Encryption,v4.5 and they told me that they were
told that the Encryption media was not seperate.  Tech support says that it is
a seperate media (and not downloadable).

Customer Care is sending me another DataCenter Master Kit again, but I did not
ask for it.

Does anyone know if NetBackup,DataCenter,56-bit Encryption,v4.5 is a seperate
piece of media (and do you know the part number)?

Thanks.

Bobby Williams