Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk staging & duplication NBU 5

2005-05-24 08:15:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk staging & duplication NBU 5
From: mlv03 AT healthresearch DOT org (Mike L. Varney)
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:15:54 -0400
FYI Jeff -

  I have the same issue as well, and my "maximum backup copies" is set to
10.

  I had to purchase an additional staging disk in order to run one disk
system with one retention, and another with a different one.  Even though
both staging units empty to the same tape library.

-- Mike Varney / HRI

             Rob Worman (home)
             <rob AT worman DOT org>

             veritas-bu-admin@         Jeff McCombs <jeffm AT nicusa DOT com>

             mailman.eng.aubur                                          cc
             n.edu                     "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu"
                                       <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu>
                                                                   Subject
             05/23/2005 11:50          Re: [Veritas-bu] Disk staging &
             PM                        duplication NBU 5

Hi Jeff-

My guess is that the "multiple copies" dialog is disabled for you
because you have not increased your global "maximum backup copies"
setting.  (this setting defaults to 2, it sounds like you need to turn
it up to at least 3...)

Host Properties --> Master Server --> Universal Settings

HTH
rob