Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [NBU5.1-WIN] Specified Network Interface, Slow GUI and "invalid error number"

2005-05-19 07:19:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [NBU5.1-WIN] Specified Network Interface, Slow GUI and "invalid error number"
From: rolfcolmer AT hotmail DOT com (Rolf C)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:19:46 +0000
Hello there,

Can anyone explain me how the setting "Use Specified Network" affects the
communication between Master and Media Servers?

We have very slow response in the NBU GUI. (F.e. clicking on the Host
Properties, Media Servers takes about 2 min's, getting  the host properties
takes another 2 min's, otherwise it get's a time out with the message
"invalid error number")

We have one Master Server (that also acts like a Media Server) and two Media
Servers. All the servers have 2 NIC's.

Both Media Servers are located on one site and the Master Server is located
at a different site. On all servers "BACKUP" is configured as Specified
Network. However the communication over the WAN link between the Media
Server and Master Master is traveling over the 2nd NIC. (all clients backup
thru the BACKUP LAN, but the 2 BACKUP LAN's are not routed, the 2nd LAN is)
Both Media Servers can communicatie thru the "BACKUP" LAN.

The Master Server communicates with about 8MB p/s with the Media Servers.
Thus that's not used for backup data, only for NetBackup communication.

Anyone an idea why we get such slow response in the GUI and all the
time-outs?