Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] changing logging levels

2005-05-18 17:35:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] changing logging levels
From: Andy.Elmer AT udlp DOT com (Andy Elmer)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:35:59 -0500

--=__Part3B18FF2F.0__=

Hello,  recently I upgraded a master and two media servers running Solaris =
8 from NB 4.5 to 5.1 MP2.  Prior to the upgrade there were a lot of events =
that would get logged to /var/adm/messages.  Most importantly when we =
reset drives the status information would get logged there.  However, =
after the upgrade, very little is logged.  Resetting a drive does not log =
anything.  Daemon.error and daemon.notice are being sent to the massages =
file.  If I manually down or up a drive that does get logged.  Where would =
I go to turn up the logging level so that resetting a drive (using =
vmoprcmd) will log more status information?  Thanks,
=20
Andy

--=__Part3B18FF2F.0__=

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.3790.259" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV>Hello,&nbsp; recently I upgraded a master and two media servers =
running Solaris 8&nbsp;from NB 4.5 to 5.1 MP2.&nbsp; Prior to the upgrade =
there were a lot of events that would get logged to /var/adm/messages.&nbsp=
; Most importantly when we reset drives the status information would get =
logged there.&nbsp; However, after the upgrade, very little is logged.&nbsp=
; Resetting a drive does not log anything.&nbsp; Daemon.error and =
daemon.notice are being sent to the massages file.&nbsp; If&nbsp;I =
manually&nbsp;down or up a drive that does get logged.&nbsp; Where would I =
go to turn up the logging level so that resetting a drive (using vmoprcmd) =
will log more status information?&nbsp; Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Andy</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--=__Part3B18FF2F.0__=--