Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas client licensing

2005-05-11 13:12:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas client licensing
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:12:04 -0400
Guys,

        I tried to get a quote from Veritas on what used to be a "client pack"
a set of 15 or 25 NetBackup licenses that we used to purchase with 3.2 and 3.4.
 They are now saying that client licenses are only sold individually.  When I
asked what do companies that have a couple of hundred clients(which does not
justify a site license) do to manage it since entering and keeping track of
several hundred keys is a nightmare, they responded with reassuring "I dunno".

        Anyone out there went through the same pain and have gotten somewhere?

Thanks,

paulg