Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] workarounds for max filesystem size limit

2005-05-10 13:26:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] workarounds for max filesystem size limit
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:26:31 -0600
I got around this by automatically breaking the filesystem into portions.  I
had the possibility of still failing if any directory at contained more than
1 TB but this never occurred.  v5.x, of course, has worked past this
limitation.

I used this for my filelist: /<bigfs>/* and enabled mulitple streams.  The
/<bigfs> was full of directories that all were sized under 1 TB.  Otherwise,
I think you're manually specifying streams and that, of course, is a
maintenance problem.

Since you've got numbered directories, you might get away with something
like:

NEW_STREAM
/<bigfs>/[12]*
NEW_STREAM