Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem Importing Tapes From Windows Master Server To Linux Master Server

2005-05-09 18:41:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem Importing Tapes From Windows Master Server To Linux Master Server
From: LuptonD AT starcity.com DOT au (Daniel Lupton)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 08:41:20 +1000
Hi All,

We are attempting to migrate from a Windows Master Server to a Linux Master
Server for out NetBackup system. As part of the process we are importing a
number of out tapes to ensure we can import the images if they are required
in the future. However, we are continually receiving an error:
      Error bptm (pid=2176) ioctl (MTFSF) failed on media id BUS711, drive
index 1, Input/output error (tmisc.c.2014)
for all images that span multiple tapes. The job finishes as successful but
this error can be seen in the logs and the images do not import.

We have updated all of the drivers and the kernel on the Linux server (We
are running RedHat ES 3 and NetBackup 5.1 MP3) but we still receive this
error.
When we perform the same import on our DR Windows server it proceeds
without a problem (We used the same library to rule out hardware issues).
We checked the buffer settings and they are the same as the Windows server.

We do not know where to go from here and any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Regards,
Daniel Lupton
|  Daniel Lupton | Enterprise Systems and Security Administrator | Tabcorp |
|      Technical Services - Star City | Email: LuptonD AT starcity.com DOT au

|                       Ext: 7651 | Phone: 9657 7651                       |
|              80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Australia             |
|                            Star City | Tabcorp                           |

This document should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed
and is not intended to be relied upon by any other person. Accordingly,
Star City disclaims all responsibility and accepts no liability (including
in negligence) for the consequences for any other person acting, or
refraining from acting, on such information prior to the receipt by those
persons of subsequent written confirmation.

If you have received this document in error, please notify our Helpdesk
immediately by telephone on 61 2 9657 9797. Please also destroy and delete
the document from your computer.

Copyright Star City Pty Ltd. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this
document and its contents is strictly prohibited.