Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Pre and post backup script

2005-05-06 13:27:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Pre and post backup script
From: dbosen AT aglresources DOT com (David Bosen)
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 13:27:26 -0400
Hey Amit,

Basically, you create your pre and post scripts for the backup policy
that you want them to run against. Save the scripts in your NetBackup
bin directory as bpstart_notify.(policy name) and bpend_notify.(policy
name)

NetBackup will only execute the start and end scripts for that specific
backup policy. Note that the policy name has to match exactly as you
created it in NetBackup.

One note, if you have multiple data streams, if your backup kicks off
multiple jobs, the script will be executed for *each* job stream, so be
careful there. I have used these scripts on my Solaris media servers to
perform snapshot and mounting/unmounting operations, so I use lock files
in the scripts to control multiple executions.

Hope this helps!

Dave Bosen
Lead Systems Analyst | Information Services
AGL Resources
Atlanta, GA  30309